Citizen Science Opportunities
Citizen science is a wonderful way to help scientists learn new things, even about wetlands, in your area. Citizen science projects allow you to:
- get involved with science on local, state, national, and international levels
- participate as an individual, class, group, or community
- receive training on data collection methods as part of the study
- find projects that fit your interests, skill level, and time availability
- directly and indirectly help North Carolina wetlands and other habitats, animals and plants
Below is a list of many, but not all, citizen science projects that can use your help. Some of the project pages allow you to submit data and others also have the collected data available for you to see. Here we provide links (click on the logos) to projects with connections to wetlands and/or North Carolina. Note: We do not have personal experience with these projects, and we have not examined any data presented on these sites.
Find a science adventure below and enjoy being a citizen scientist!